Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wifi (pronounced WEE-FEE) troubles

Only got 12 minutes on my battery before it dies. Fast. Okay.

Met family today. Larger piso than I imagined. Very close to town center. Good lunch and dinner, if small. Has grandchildren whom I met today. Her son in Madrid visits every weekend. Her daughter in Alcalá visits much more. Just met her a few minutes ago.

Went to McDonalds in search of Wifi, Starbucks was closed. Bought a very shitty beer, Mahou, and the internet wouldn't even work on a Mac. Didn't even finish the beer. So now I'm at a internet café on Calle Mayor drinking another very bad beer (not as bad as Mahou though). At least this Wifi works.

So much to talk about, not much time.

Slept way too much today. Before lunch, after, before dinner. Very tired here. Had café with Samuel, fun times. Enjoying everything so far. Music in the Plaza Cervantes tonight. Haven't listened to my own music since the plane ride. Starting to miss the States a bit, or at least some people in it. The atmosphere here is wonderful, especially at night. More or less I feel very safe. I love strolling down the narrow corridors. Wonderful times. It can get a bit hot during the day, then again I'm a weakling when it comes to heat. Looking forward to winter, though I'm told it's very mild. Next to no snow.

First field trip is to Asturias. Exciting, up north. Oh wow, this is a horrible beer. I've had maybe a few ounces of my half liter. Want to meet more people. Have a feeling most Spaniards don't like us. Host mother said different, that plenty actually like Americans, at least more so than the French. Got to go, juice is running out. Once I have time I'll get back and type more.

Hasta luego (no one says adios here...)

No comments: