Friday, September 5, 2008

First Photos!


Colegio de Malaga, originally uploaded by itsthinking.

Are up. Only my Flickr, which is linked to on the right, although for some reason my news photos aren't updating on the fun little side bar. Oh well. Click this one and it'll take you there as well.

Bean soup for lunch again today! Yay! ...

Tired constantly. Can't stress that enough. Had ten minutes before had to meet people...took a nap.

Went to the supermarket today. Almost died of happiness. Didn't help that it was before lunch and was starving. Everything looked AMAZING. Giant legs of pigs hanging there. Unpasturized milk. Coca Cola with CANE SUGAR in it. Delicious, having some right now actually at an internet café. CUARENTA Y TRES! Bottles of wine from 79 cents ($1.12). Almost cried. The other people in my group enjoy watching me anywhere there is food because I just go crazy. Even the simple bean soups here I don't mind. Usually. Eat a loaf of bread for every meal. Breakfast of instant coffee stirred into microwaved milk and galletas (cookies, which were very, very dry). Need to find a bocadillo joint.

Took a placement test today. Funny. Was from the University of Wisconsin...probably had taken it for retro placement. Easy enough. Going to be taking four courses. Decided not to take a university course second semester. I love Spain, but by May I know I'll be ready to come home and hang out with all of you guys, or at least the people that I miss (ha, love all you guys).

Learning a lot already here. Not just Spanish wise. The family life is completely different. Candela's grandchildren visit every day. Multiple times. Had lunch with them today. Was very quite for some reason. They like to play piano a lot, or at least Candela forces them too. Shower was interesting this morning. Forgot soap (bought some at the supermarket later). The showers here all have detachable heads. And sometimes don't have stands to put them in. So it's washing yourself one handed. End up writing in my journal often. Several pages a day (so they weren't a waste of money, mother). Often find myself throwing in Spanish words or wanting to write in Spanish. So I often do. Interesting to read, when I switch off and on mid sentence. Beginning to think in Spanish. Good news, I suppose. Will try to keep this in English, or at least half and half, so I don't forgot English.

Battery is dying, must go. Will try to get internet tonight. Friend gave me password to a signal I can get from my room. Hopefully it will work.

Hasta.

Realize photo is wider than post. Will fix that for future posts. Better to go to my Flickr anyways to see the photos at bigger sizes and such. Enjoy.

No comments: