Saturday, September 6, 2008

Jetlag Blues

I don't believe this is still jet lag. It can't be. More so I think I've fallen into the Spanish estilo de vida. I am always tired by siesta and can sleep for hours. But then I'm ready for bed by at least midnight. Not looking forward to getting up for school, though at worst it'll be done by 2:00pm each day. Maybe 5:00pm on Mondays. Fridays are off. 

Visited Casa Natal de Cervantes today. Nothing special. Not even his real birth house. Only lived in Alcalá for four years anyways. It's my birthday, of course, so more so than usual people are actually knowing it's my birthday and saying happy birthday. Feels nice I suppose. Went to the shopping mall today and got myself a new sweater and shirt thingy. More for autumn. Will have to post photos of my new wardrobe later. And more of Alcalá and folk here. Haven't had a chance to explore much. Planning on doing that tomorrow. With my good camera. Only seen three bums so far. One that came up to me twice within an hour while sitting en terraza.

Had almendras de Alcalá today. They're special candy coated almonds made from the nuns at some convent here in Alcalá. Very famous, or at least particular to Alcalá. Going to start doing a separate food and drink posts because there is just so much to cover. I love sitting en terraza for hours and talking and drinking.

No comments: