Friday, September 5, 2008

Success!

Finally got internet...in my room. Monica lives just down the street and her host family has password protected internet. She gave me the key. I get near perfect signal. Awesome. No more buying shitty beer to let you all know that I'm still not dead yet.

Good times in Alcalá. After my last post we went to the same bar Samuel and myself visited yesterday. Same waiter working, very happy to serve us. Finally had a drink. 43 y Coke, mi favorito. Nice place, sat on terrace. Excited for when I come back, want to sit out in the beer garden at Silver Creek with some friends. That's basically what I'll be doing every day after lunch here. Forget siesta, it's time for the cafés. 

It's been, what? Four days and we're already talking trips. Of course there is the late September class trip to Asturias-Cantabria...then the middle October trip to Extremadura. Side trips that others want to take (save for the probably weekly trips to Madrid--half hour by train why not?) include Barcelona (a personal fav for me), Amsterdam (:darts eyes:)...and well..that's about it. We do have one four day weekend which will be advantageous. 

Going out tonight. Let word to a few folks here that my birthday may or may not be occurring tomorrow. Might be a celebration or dinner tomorrow night. We'll see. Not sure whether or not to tell my host family. It's always weird having that early birthday with school stuff. It's usually a new group of people and I don't want to go "So, it's my birthday, HONOR ME!" or anything like that. Of course I never like celebrations in my honor anyways, it's especially weird when it's new people around since they don't know me as well yet. That's a problem when I'm at a new location every year. And it's my 21, ¡qué horror! Sorry I'm not there in the States to party it up big time with you folks. Remember, it ain't a big deal here. Just had a drink an hour ago in the bar. Although, either have a drink for me tomorrow (those in the States) or have an EXTRA drink on your 21, and I'll buy you a round when I get back (or you buy me...I'll be straight up broke when I get back.....).

Rambling, as seems to be the usual with me. Well, at least I'll have plenty to remember this trip by when I look back at this blog.

No comments: